I am in the USA on a non-immigrant visa and want to change my status and obtain an F-1 student visa.
You may apply for admission to 皇冠线上官网 for semesters beginning in September or January. We recommend that you complete your 皇冠线上官网 application six months in advance of the semester in which you intend to enroll. After you have received your letter of acceptance to 皇冠线上官网, you will apply to the 美国国籍 & 美国移民局(USCIS). 将您的签证状态更改为F1.
Change of Status (COS) applications typically take several months to process and may or may not be approved. 请看下面的内容: Change of Status Application to 美国公民ship & 移民服务, 详细信息和说明.
- Completed Massachusetts Bay Community College Application, which you may complete 在线 using this 皇冠线上官网安全在线申请.
- Evidence that you have graduated from high school in your country. 皇冠线上官网 may be able to evaluate your educational documentation for US high school equivalency: email email@example.com 要求覆核. 如果我们不能做出决定, we will require that you have your educational documents evaluated by an educational evaluation agency such as the 教育文献中心, 世界教育服务, 教育证书评估员,Spantran, or 任何naces成员机构
- 英语语言能力. Unless you have completed at least two years of full time study with English instruction in one of these countries you must provide documentation of 英语语言能力: Australia, 巴哈马群岛, 巴巴多斯, 伯利兹, 加拿大(魁北克除外), 多米尼加, 加纳, 格林纳达, 大开曼岛, 圭亚那, 爱尔兰, 牙买加, 肯尼亚, 利比里亚, 新西兰, 新加坡, 特立尼达/多巴哥, 联合王国. English proficiency may be documented by any of these methods:
- Accuplacer英语课程进入ESL IV或更高. 这项评估是免费的，可以通过皇冠线上官网在线获得. 电子邮件 firstname.lastname@example.org 获取获取Accuplacer的ID号.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 68 or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0或更高
- 不需要sat. If you have taken the SAT and have obtained a score of 450或更高 on the Critical Reading section of the SAT, 那么不需要额外的语言能力证明.
- TOEFL/IELTS is not required if you are a native English speaker and have attended an international high school where English is the language of instruction.
- If you have passed Freshman English at another US college or university with a grade of C- or higher, 那么不需要额外的语言能力证明.
- 银行对账单，显示您有30美元,000 available to support your first 9 months in the US and an additional US$6,每个受抚养人必须有000美元.
- Bank statement must be on official bank letterhead (no photocopies).
- Bank statement must be dated within six months of your first 皇冠线上官网 semester.
- 的人, 公司, or agency on the bank statement must declare financial support for your studies at Massachusetts Bay Community College.
The following documents are required for a COS application to the 美国公民及移民服务局 (USCIS).
- 填妥并签署 表格I - 539.
- 支付SEVIS i - 901的费用 支票或汇票，付款人 U.S. 国土安全部. 目前的费用是 $370.
- SEVIS付款收据 i - 901的费用. 申请F-1签证需要收据.
- I-20表格复印件. 请检查I-20上的第11项. (打印你的名字，签名和日期.)
- Copy of bank statement(s) of financial support (see above) showing availability of at least $30,000.
- 一封简短的信, requesting change of status to F-1 Explain why you are applying for a change of status.
- Make copies of all of these documents for your own records and send, 请以挂号信寄回收据, to:
St. 奥尔本斯，VT 05479
- USCIS会寄收据给您处理您的申请. This receipt is very important as it is proof that you are awaiting a decision from USCIS. The number on the receipt can be used to check your application. If your COS application is not approved by the 皇冠线上官网 start date on your I-20, then your I-20 start date will need to be deferred to a later semester.
- 移民局会对你的申请做出决定. If the decision is a denial, you will need to leave the United States. 如果决定是批准, you will need to check in with the 皇冠线上官网 Office of 招生 to enroll as a full-time student. 当您收到您的决定，请通知皇冠线上官网.
如果您目前持有J1签证, you may legally register for classes while your Change of Status application is pending. 然而, if your COS application is denied during the academic semester, you will have to leave the country immediately and you will not be eligible for a refund of any payments made to 皇冠线上官网. We therefore recommend that you do not register for classes until your F1 status is approved.
Please be aware that if you apply for a Change of Status that is ultimately denied, your “unlawful presence” in the United States will begin when your current visa expires, 从拒绝之日起就不是了. This could affect your ability to return to the United States in the future.
Note: This procedure only changes your status within the United States. If you travel outside of the US after your change of status has been approved, you will then need to apply for an F-1 visa stamp in your passport by scheduling an appointment at the US Consulate or Embassy.